Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 96: April 9, 2013

     Materials class was kind of funny because out of nowhere we had a new teacher today and no one even noticed until like 5 minutes into class because she looked similar to our other teacher. She talks with a lot more inflection which is nice but I am not sure she teaches the material quite as well but she is at least decent.

      After class we all rushed back to the dorm to watch the NCAA championship game in Nathan and Tyler’s room. It was a really good game although Michigan kind of let it go near the end with so many missed free throws and then that horrible call on the shot block by Burke but it was still fun to watch. 

     After the game we were all pretty hungry so we decided to head back over to Big Mama Chef’s for some burgers. This time I tried the fried chicken burger, which was great, and the owners are so nice they brought us out some free french fries, peanuts, and green tea. Mathew stopped in to say hi and told us we have to tell him when we come so we can get special discounts but the food is already so cheap and they are so generous we would feel bad. 

     After we were all done eating we kind of went into a food coma and I laid around and blogged myself to sleep. I woke up for our dinner back at the Faculty Club in Xujiahui hosted by Professor Bajaj, which was really nice. I got to sit at a table with professor Groll who teaches at Purdue and had helped start this program. He was very interesting to talk to and since he is originally from Germany and travels all over the world, he has a lot of great stories. We had a very enjoyable dinner and then got back on the bus to Minhang. After dinner I blogged as much as I could until Tyler stopped by my room around 11:30 and told me to come hang out with Josh, Eliot, Carlin, Nathan, and Jess down in his room. With nothing better to do I agreed and ended up having a really good time. I never really get to see the guys from the other class so it is always fun to hang out with them when I get the chance. After loosing track of time and realizing it was somehow already 2 in the morning, I headed back up to my room to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment