Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 89: April 2, 2013


      The morning started off with the materials exam, which didn’t go great but could have been worse. There were big True/False, multiple choice, and matching sections, which were pretty hard considering that is not the typical format for an engineering test. The problems weren’t too bad but the wording was pretty poor which made them a lot more confusing. Walking out not feeling too bad, although worried about her being a harsh grader based on the past quiz, I was ready to move on and start our 5-day break. 

     I took a quick shower, packed up my stuff, and then headed over to grab lunch with Bryan. With about an hour to kill, I went into Adam and Ron’s room figuring they would be entertaining. I was not let down as they were just goofing off and Skyping Nathan downstairs. As soon as Nathan answers Ron says he is busy and can’t talk since he is playing his racing game even though he is the one who called. They then discussed their plans for the day and then concluded the conversation with a nice original song by Tyler on the guitar making fun of Ron. After that Ron and Nathan had a cute little debate over who would hang up first and who loved the other more, and then they finally hung up. They were then ready to head over to Auchan to find some darts and lawn chairs for some beer darts and I headed back to my room to round up all of my stuff. 

     We got the group together and Joe, Catriona, Bryan, Jess, and I started our walk to the subway. After about three line transfers and an hour and a half on the subway we were at the airport. We made a quick stop at McDonald’s for a snack since we wouldn’t be able to eat dinner until late and then headed for security. For whatever reason the Hongqiao Airport is really harsh and made me take off my shoes and went through all of my stuff because they thought my tweezers were little scissors. After putting all of my stuff back together we got to our gate and played around on wifi until our plane boarded. 

     The flight was fine after we got going but we sat on the tarmac for an hour before we actually took off. I slept for a good amount of the flight but luckily woke up just in time for stretches. Once we got off the plane we got on an airport shuttle that took us within walking distance of our hostel. After about 20 minutes of walking we were finally at our destination for the night. We checked in and put all of our stuff down and then were on a mission to find food since it was 11:00 and we hadn’t eaten yet. We walked down the street nervous that everything would be closed but found a little noodle shop and just asked the lady to make us something. The noodles turned out to be really good and reminded me of the noodles we got in Xiamen that had a sauce that reminded me of peanut butter. The Sichuan spice we added in made them even better although it also had this numbing pepper that left our mouths a little tingly. We hung around for a little and then headed back to the hostel to book our tour to the panda park in the morning. After we were all set we used the wifi for a little while and then got some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment